To become a member of any of our five Clubs throughout the Louisville and Southern Indiana areas, simply fill out the membership application and submit it to the Club closest to you. Being a Boys & Girls Clubs member is a rewarding experience. Your child will have access to the entire facility and all that it has to offer. However, children must be at least 13 years of age to use the weight equipment. And, to make it even better, membership is FREE!
In order to become a member, your children must agree to uphold the Club values. These are as follows: communicating in a healthy way and speaking respectfully to others, keeping hands, feet, and objects to themselves and respecting other people’s personal space, taking care of the Club and the property, doing their best when participating in programming that will impact their future, and following the rules outlined at the Club in order to have a fun, safe, and clean environment.
There are also many rules that you must comply with. These rules include:
- No one under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be allowed in the Club or to Club activities (zero tolerance policy).
- Weapons or look-alike weapons will not be allowed on Club property or to Club activities (zero tolerance policy).
- No smoking or lighting matches on Club property.
- No gang representations allowed inside the Club; no hats, sagging pants, or bandanas.
- Anyone who does not attend school cannot come to the Club that day.
- Anyone suspended from the Club must report to the Unit Director before they are allowed to re-enter. Multiple suspensions may lead to indefinite suspension.
- There is no eating or drinking anywhere in the Club except for designated areas.
- Shoes must be worn at all times; flip-flops may not be worn in the gym.
- Everyone must bring their membership card every day to get into the Club. No entry without membership card and completed, signed application. If you lose your card, you must buy a new one for $1.00 or perform Club service.
- Leave personal belongings at home. The Club is not responsible if they are lost or damaged.
- Members must be between the ages of 6 and 18. Our staff has the right to ask for verification of age before membership is granted. When you reach the age of 19, your membership automatically expires.
Please understand that if these rules are broken, it may result in suspension from the Club.
Another important thing to remember is that youth aren’t allowed on Club grounds during operating hours unless signed in and participating in Club activities. Also, employees are currently not allowed to prevent youth between the ages of 12-18 from leaving the premises. So, in order to ensure your child’s safety, it is recommended to agree upon a safe meeting place before dropping them off.
Make sure that, when completing the Medical History/Immunization Records, you are as thorough as possible to ensure that your child receive the care they need. Any allergies they may have or medicines they may currently take need to be on record so that our staff can take care of your children to the best of their ability.
As far as computer use is concerned, there are rules that need to be followed. These include:
- Computers at the Club are provided solely for educational purposes (i.e. homework assistance, classroom activities, career development, and appropriate independent scholastic research).
- They are not to be used for entertainment purposes and the staff has the right to place restrictions on material accessible or posted through the Internet.
- You may not use the computers for commercial reasons, meaning you may not offer, provide, or purchase products at the Club.
- You may not use the computers to post personal information about yourself or others, use inappropriate language, harass or threaten others, or agree to meet with anyone you contact online.
- No data may be downloaded onto the computers including game, music, or video files.
- You may not purposefully spread viruses through the Internet.
- You may not access social networking sites including, but not limited to, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook or access inappropriate or pornographic images or videos.
- If you see any of these rules being violated, please alert a staff member.
Remember, Internet use is considered a privilege. If you violate any of these rules, your Internet use may be taken away.
Membership at the Boys & Girls Clubs can be a fun and exciting experience, as long as everyone involved is given the proper respect they deserve. Rules are set in place to ensure the well-being of all students and to make sure that they can learn and grow in a safe environment. Each child is given an opportunity to become the best version of themselves under the care of nurturing and loving mentors, enriching programs, and fun activities. If you want to start your child’s journey of growth and set them on a path to success, fill out your membership application today and turn it in at a Boys & Girls Club near you.